Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log 1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Maryanne Atocha
      Participant

Reading

Throughout the week I had a lot of reading to do from all of my classes and although some of the readings were bearable others were so uninteresting and I’ve spent about 6 or 8 hours in total just doing these readings for all my classes. The reading for my art history class was mostly art vocabulary and in a way, it was interesting since I already like creating art so learning about it was pretty interesting. The FIQWS readings were also interesting since they covered topics that I had never really had the chance to even think about. Although the art reading was interesting, the FIQWS reading captivated me more since it got right to the point instead of taking forever to get to the main point. My readings for my other classes were uninteresting and I procrastinated a lot and as soon as I finish writing this I need to get back to reading for one of them. I’ve noticed it takes me less time to finish reading about things that actually interest me.

Writing

I didn’t have much writing this week other than the FIQWS labor log and response to the reading. I’ve begun working on some of the writing for this art history project, however, I haven’t gotten much of it done yet since I tend to get distracted easily but its alright since it’s not due until next week. The labor log, however, is much easier to write since it is about things that I already know and therefore my words just flowed easily.

Reflection

After completing most of the work which I was working on this week I have realized that when doing reading/writing assignments, I find it much easier to do compared to if I am reading/writing about something which I am not personally interested in such as history especially if I know I’ve already read about the same topic beforehand. I enjoy learning about new things and tend to procrastinate if I am not interested in what I am doing, however, I have learned to skim the text and if anything important pops out then I will read that section and then continue skimming.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar