Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log 1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #244
      Thomas Gulotta
      Participant

Reading

This week included a lot of reading from my Chemistry textbook. Both the content are writing style are extremely dull, however, I managed to secure four hours of chemistry studying in total. The chapter opened with learning the fundamentals of third-grade science class, “solid, liquid, and gas” however, it quickly transitioned into memorizing a chart of ten unit prefixes (i.e. kilo-, centi-, etc.) and learning what qualifies as a “significant figure.” Truthfully, the only reason I actually did the reading (as opposed to skimming the text) was for the twenty supplementary questions that had to be answered. I am happy I read, though, because it gives me momentum to continue working (hopefully harder) in the upcoming week!

Writing

Unfortunately, due to my classes this semester, writing assignments seem they will be outweighed by calculus and chemistry questions tenfold- as was the case for this week. This labor log is the first writing assignment I’ve done college aside from fill-in-the-blanks testing my knowledge on the elements. Coincidentally this is also the first assignment that did not pain me to complete, so I hope to have more writing assignments in my future.

Reflection

During this week I spent a lot of time emotionally adjusting to living on my own at college which was repeatedly interrupted by college itself. I did not put too much effort into my classes this week which I am planning on adjusting because I would like a good GPA by the end of college and starting off so disinterested definitely wasn’t one of my expectations.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Thomas Gulotta. Reason: Font
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.