Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log #1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #263
      Kimberly Heredia
      Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>My first of week was very overwhelming, starting with going to a psychology class twice during the week while I wasn’t event enrolled in the class. The picture I had of my schedule was not the accurate schedule I was supposed to follow and didn’t realize till it was thursday and noticed I haven’t took any math classes. I had went to my advisor to see what was wrong with my schedule and she showed me how the psych class I’ve been going to was swapped for my math class. Although it may not seem like any big deal it was to me because it was very frustrating to me because I had missed going to a class on the first week. I had took so many notes down for the psych class for me to not even continue it this semester, LOL, “My life is a joke” I thought to myself. However, I loved my second day because of my FIQWS classes with Jesse and Andrea. Most humblest, coolest, and super nice professors ( I know you guys don’t like being called that but I couldn’t think of anything else). Even tho I was in the wrong class room for the first part of class for almost an hour, I then found Andrea and her attitude was so uplifting and chill. So I was excited to see the way Jesse teaches and her policies, I love the way her syllabus was so different from most of my classes. The readings we had to read for her class interesting and not that lengthy so I wasn’t complaining whats so ever. It turned out to be the 2-part classes I look forward to the most. We need more professors like y’all ! My week however ended horribly because the first day I went to this math class, the professor was really boring. He would do the work rather than explain how exactly he did it without asking the students to solve it themselves. I don’t know if its a college thing or not but I definitely didn’t learn anything in this class. I was stuck for the whole 1 hour and 40 minutes that I had to be there and just wanted my bed at this point. I would ask questions but even his response wouldn’t make any sense so I stopped trying before I made myself feel like the stupid one in class. When I got home I went to rate my professor to see what others students say about him. For some weird reason his ratings were a 4.5 and I was confused as to how this was even possible. I wanted to swap this class but he was the only professor that teaches Algebra so I was assed out. Anywho im going to try my best to go to office hours to get one on one help because I definitely need some assistance.  My labor day weekend went great and im glad we had this Monday off cause it was very much needed. </span>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.