Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #3 Labor Log No.3

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #356
      Melissa De Jesus
      Participant

Week of Sept. 10 – Sept. 17

This week we had 2 days off, so really it wasn’t really jam packed with work.

Monday | Day off but I had reading for art class I had to do. It was a lot so it took me about 2 hours? I also watched some button poetry videos which actually inspired me to draw. Overall, a pretty chill day.

Tuesday | Day off again, but this time I decided to watch Nanette by Hannah and to be honest it was incredible. Hannah is such an amazing performer and I ended up being in tears by the end. Overall Nanette consisted of a very interesting style of storytelling that really just kept me hooked and interested the entire time. As for the context, it’s something that’s very relatable and stresses real fears within the LGBTQ* community. Also I think the way she talked about freedom of speech was also really interesting, it reminded me of the youtube videos we were assigned to watch last week.

Wednesday | Art History class is starting to become one of my favorite classes. There is a lot of reading involved with the class but it’s like I don’t even mind because I just really like the subject a lot. Today I spent another 2 hours reading assigned pages on our class textbook. Also ended up studying for math since we were to have a quiz that Friday.

Thursday | Found some sources for an activity we were doing in Andrea’s class. I found this kind of difficult since the topic I chose kind of didn’t have a lot written about it.

Sunday | I read Between Men and “The Comedy of Destroying, Soul-Affirming Art of Hannah Gadsby.” Essentially I ended up trying to connect both readings to Nanette which I had watched earlier this week. A little while after I started hand writing a response to the question posted on the commons from week 3. I wasn’t feeling good on this day so I ended up leaving the rest for Monday.

Monday | Finished writing response to the question posted on the commons. After this I did math homework since I had some due at 11:59 pm.

That’s all for this week, a little bit better and more productive than last week I’d say. Nevertheless I still have to work on not leaving everything for last minute.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.