Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #4 Labor Log No.4

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Melissa De Jesus
      Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Week of Sep. 17 – Sept 24</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>This week was kind of emotionally draining but besides that I did some work for FIQWS.</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Monday | Mondays are usually pretty fine since I have my art history class which is slowly becoming my favorite class, and because it’s a pretty short day of classes. On this day I decided to start things early and read the text assigned for this week of FIQWS. Actually I’m not going to lie, it was kind of a hard text to get into in the beginning and this sort of made my whole reading experience confusing. I tried again and I guess this time I was able to get a little more into it.</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Tuesday | </span>Today I started watching Queer History | Them since there was no class. I never noticed how much I didn’t know about queer history until now. There have been several people through history that have devoted their lives to not only help the LGBTQ* rise from oppression but also to create safe spaces for those who needed them. It was a very interesting video and it opened my eyes to events nd people that I might’ve not known about.

Thursday | This day we had our freshman convocation which was… interesting. Since our 3:30 class was cancelled I decided to watch the remaining 3 videos for FIQWS. These certainly made me think of topics such as gender expression and radical feminism a lot more. After this I decided to study for yet another quiz I was to have on math class on Friday.

Friday | After my math quiz, I went home feeling kind of down so I decided to watch some button poetry. On this day I was also kind of stressed because I felt like I was being pressure to know what I want to major in. It’s kind of unsettling not knowing exactly what I want, but I guess that’s what college is about; finding things you like and don’t like.

Monday | I started writing my response to the question posted on the commons. I’ve always been really passionate about feminism so I was excited to write this one. I also tried to look for some more articles for Andrea’s class, and tried to write some notes based on what I found.

This week I did on average about 2 hours of work a day for my classes, including FIQWIS. I found out that I might be struggling a little about my interest and what I want to major in so I decided to work more on that. In terms of FIQWIS, I really found the material for this week interesting and I learned a lot of new things.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar