Jesse Syllabus Forums Blog Biases

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #326
      Vanessa
      Participant

Vanessa Balkaran

<b>Biases </b>

With all honesty, I mean it when I say I try to be as unbiased as possible. But I would be lying if I wasn’t biased towards someone or something before in my life. Sometimes the people you surround yourself with and the values instilled in your mind growing up can play a huge role in how you perceive and think of others. I try my best now, as an adult to stray away from any traditional thoughts. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes when I see a dog on the street that is barking a lot or is just sniffing around wildly, I get freaked out. I absolutely love dogs and plan on getting my own within the next year, that is why I want to untrain myself from this behavior of tensing up when seeing an unfamiliar dog or crossing the street as soon as I hear a bark. I want to be more accepting of all dogs and not fear for my life when I see one that I haven’t gotten to know and trust. I do not want to see all dogs as bad biters and not trust them even when their leashed and being walked from their owners. I don’t want to discriminate against a Human’s Best Friend. I had people in my life, even recently, have strange opinions and comments on me because of my race, religion or even appearance due to their own personal biases. I dislike it when people use their bias opinions to put me in a box that they can better understand me. So that is why I don’t want anyone or anything (especially dogs and the owners) to ever feel the way I feel.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.