Jesse Syllabus Forums Blog Biases

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #310
      Stephanie Valentin
      Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”> I’m very biased on the topic of double standards and gender norms that society has placed on us. Especially when guys are praised for having sex with however many girls they please, but it’s a problem if girls do it. Another thing, how girls have to follow a “dress code” as to not draw any attention to themselves, which is crap. I have these biases because, for one, I’m girl who has to deal with these stupid restrictions and second I truly believe girls can say/do/think anything and everything guys can. The difference in body types and body parts should not define what a person can or can’t do. Not only do gender standards piss me off, but that whole situation where girls kissing is hot and sexy and guys kissing is disgusting. I want to understand why? Who puts these ideas into motion??? Why are we sexualizing lesbian couples and gay couples??? Don’t make no goddamn sense. I always have family constantly challenging my point of views and even have had a peer challenge my ideas, but I stand by what I believe. I kind of can relate this to Contrapoints video specifically when they talk about how people only defend the freedom of speech of certain other people, more specifically the racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynist, and/or transphobic person. If women and the lgbtq were to hurt their feelings by speaking out against the dumb societal rules it’s a problem, but women and lgbtq people have to suck it up and dish out the disrespect. </span>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.