Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log #1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #250
      Kendryck Taveras
      Participant

Reading

Today I had to read a chapter of my anthropology book because of the processor saying that he would drop quizzes unannounced and the thought of that honestly scarred me for the semester. The chapter basically talked about the four fields of anthropology and how people use these four fields to figure out what a person is really like on the inside (DNA-wise) and on the outside. This reading took me about 30-45 minutes to finish. After reading that, I had to read the two readings that were given to me in my FIQWS class. That also took me about 30-45 minutes to at least read both pieces. It really took me by surprise and it interested me a lot.

Writing

The only writing that I did in this first week is taking notes in my classes. I wrote some definitions of words that I didn’t know or that I knew were going to end up on a pop quiz or a test. I wrote important points that the professors have said in case they go on a tangent and talk about something else in the class.

Reflection

I spent my first week of college as a lost boy. I felt like I moved into a new town knowing no one but it turns out it was only a short distance away from me. I had multiple breakdowns from adjusting to this new lifestyle but I had people that helped me along the way. They made sure that everything was going to be alright and that this is just the first week. I made some new friends this week and I am looking forward to making more as this semester continues.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.