Jesse Syllabus Forums LABOR LOG #1 Labor Log #1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Kelly Lau
      Participant

Labor Log #1

August 31, 2018, to September 3, 2018

Reading

During the duration of the time, I had a lot of homework to do. First, I went to read chapters one and two of my textbook for my Economics class. It was mainly just an introduction of what I’m going to learn in the following pages, and much of it just went through my head. Some parts were interesting and provided a lot of information, which took every fiber of my body to focus on. Anyways, I read several pages of that while procrastinating at the same time. The reading took about two hours or so since I tried not to skim through the walls of text and maintain my focus on what I’m trying to do. After that, I went on to read the documents in the FIQWS site. It was much more engaging and took my full attention since I was able to read it without skimming through the other tabs. The reading of the two documents took only about an hour and a half, and I really liked how the documents had images to correlate with their statements.

Writing

Started doing my Economics homework in Top Hat while using my textbook. There was a lot of short answers that I needed to fill out, which pretty much used a lot of my brain power. There was also multiple choice which made it a bit easier for me. However, the downside was the fact that I had two chapters worth of homework to do. The whole process took a long time and I actually finally finished it right now at 3:23 P.M. I won’t say that I didn’t procrastinate because I did even though I sort of hate myself for doing that. But looking at the homework, it was very useful for me since if I had been paying attention in reading the textbook, doing the assignment would be a breeze even if there were several tricky questions. After doing that, I went to focus on the Labor Log and my response to the documents I’ve read before. I found it easier to do since it was mainly my understanding and my opinion on the matter. The ideas in my head could pour out without having to think about opportunity costs, marginal cost, or any of that stuff. Therefore, I prefer to do this than any economic homework since I hadn’t laid around trying to figure out the answer.

Reflection

From doing this homework that I have no idea when it’ll be due, it gave me a lot of thought and told me that I had to work harder. For economics isn’t just something that is all about memorization. Looking at it economics is there to improve your critical thinking. It just shows that I can’t just half-heartedly do my stuff, even if I did do that for my homework since I was not only tired, but my brain just couldn’t cope with the amount of information and thinking I had to do. For FIQWS, I know there is a lot of reading involved and just like Economics, you need to think more about what you really want to say. The readings that involved with rhetoric really had me reflecting on the usage of it and somehow became more meaningful when I realized that we need this concept.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar