My Biases

Jesse Syllabus Forums Blog My Biases

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Momin Sony
      Participant

I have a major bias against the food and drug industry. The purpose of the food and medicine market has become solely on growing our capitalistic economy rather than looking out for the health of others. Companies such as Monsanto are using GMO’s to multiply the supply of food while creating hazards for the rest of the population. A man recently “won” $289 million for a suit against Monsanto for their weedkiller which caused him cancer, a weedkiller commonly used on farms that source our food. Genetic engineering has been proven to be harmful to both, our health and the environment, but that’s only one of the concerns in this market. I can’t blame people for falling into the words of these industries because my actions prove me guilty as well. With all the research I’ve done on such products, I still can’t stop myself from eating all the modified junk foods and from taking medicines such as the antibiotics I take while I’m sick which tend to kill good bacteria. When I’ve challenged others to this debate, a lot of the times it’s seen as a conspiracy theory even with the solid evidence I provide them. The truth is someone who enjoys such foods and is relying on pharmaceutical medicine for their health, isn’t willing to understand that their actions are putting them in danger. Similarly, Kat Blaque discusses how people are closed to other viewpoints when they’ve established their own. She talks about how the other side would rather curse out one’s argument rather than to listen, understand, and give their own views in a mature manner, which I believe to be the case in many situations such politics. Propaganda is formed to make one side look bad, rather than solid facts to derail their statements.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar