Response to the authors claims

Jesse Syllabus Forums Blog Response to the authors claims

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Maryanne Atocha
      Participant

Rhetorical analysis is all about appealing to the audience in an attempt to convince the audience of something. Both of the texts definitely used rhetorical analysis in their writing to get their point of how important rhetoric actually is. Although it is mostly associated with writing, people have also started using rhetoric on their websites, social media platforms, etc. The author makes a point of having the reader know that there are three types of ways that you could go about using rhetoric and those are ethos, pathos, and logos. Ethos is all about bringing credibility to your writing, website, or whatever you may be using rhetoric for. Pathos is used to invoke feelings such as sympathy or anger or excitement depending on how you want the reader to feel. Logos is the logic in your rhetoric. There is also Kairos which has to do with the timing of things. All of these combined lead to a stronger argument and make it easier for the audience to be swayed to your viewpoint. Before reading any of the text I wasn’t sure as to what exactly rhetoric was and although I had heard about ethos, pathos, and logos before being used in advertisements that is how far my knowledge on the topic extended. After reading the text, I now feel very informed on rhetoric and how it is used and just how important it can be. Although it is such a small thing and often overlooked, rhetoric can be used in a variety of ways and you may use it in your daily life without even noticing it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar