Rhetoric Analysis

Jesse Syllabus Forums Blog Rhetoric Analysis

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #247
      Kendryck Taveras
      Participant

Today I read two different pieces of understanding the basics of rhetorics and why it should be used in our writings. I had a brief understanding of what rhetorics are but reading these two pieces expanded my knowledge of what it actually is. According to both articles, rhetorics are the way that we use our ideas in our writings and share them out to the people reading them. Both articles made interesting points about four terms for rhetorics: ethos, pathos, logos, and kairos. Ethos has to do with the writer’s credibility, pathos has to do with emotions, logos has to do with the writer’s reasoning for an idea and kairos has to do with how we speak and act on a certain moment. These four terms can basically shape up on how the way that writers write basically. A lot of teachers have told us to use rhetorics in our essays so that it can basically improve more of your writing. The graphic novel really shows the origin of rhetorics and why we should use them in today’s society. Teachers use digital images to basically display a message to their students and create a debatable environment in the classroom. The authors in these pieces say that we use rhetorics in our everyday life whether virtually or in real life. As a writer, sometimes you want to make the author agree with you rather than start an argument, per se. We read the author’s ideas and use our brain to twist them up into something that can be real. As a writer, I am afraid to write something that can change someone’s perspective that at the same time, I do them so they can enter my brain and see how what I am thinking about and why I’m thinking in that sort of way. Overall, rhetoric is not just something left in philosopher times but rather it is a technique that can perceive someone’s deception of an idea.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.